My pastor preached an interesting sermon Sunday night. Being Christmas Sunday, I automatically turned to the New Testament for the scripture. I was surprised when he announced the scripture from Psalm 23:2. Yes, the psalm talks about sheep so I thought the nativity shepherds would be his focus. Wrong again. He started talking about lying down in green pastures and the still waters. Then he brought out about the peacefulness of the scene described. He then went on to talk about other types of peace that comes from above mentioned in the Bible. Then, at the end of the sermon he climaxed his message with Jesus being the Prince of Peace. What a promise! When you think of the little baby in the manger being the Prince of Peace, no wonder the wise men fell and worshiped. The Prince of Peace for the world. Better yet, he is my Prince of Peace. When I am struggling with daily stresses, He is my Prince of Peace. When things are out of the reach of my doing anything about them besides praying, He is my Prince of Peace. When I don't understand, when I am tempted to be afraid, worried, or in distress, He is my Prince of Peace.
"For unto us a child is born...Prince of Peace."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment